Apr 18, 2009

My Review of Super Slab with Finger Grooves

I was so happy and impressed with my new purchase of this butcher's style block that I decided I'd do a review for it on cookware.com. After all, I don't know about you but I happen to rely on reviews when shopping around for just about anything and everything. I'd highly recommend the site as well as this particular product! After doing my review, the site will automatically post it in your blog for you.....uhm, hell ya! I love easy! So here it goes.....my kudos to cookware.com! Click on the link to see the pic of my beautiful new block ;)

Cookware.com

This professional grade end grade cutting board is perfect for all of your cutting and chopping needs, and will fit seamlessly into any kitchen.

Features:

  • Constructed from North American hardwood
  • End grain design keeps knives sharp
  • R...



Better than expected!

ddpie Indianapolis, IN 4/18/2009

5 5

Pros: Attractive Design, Quality Construction

Best Uses: Everyday Use, Chopping Vegetables

Describe Yourself: Avid Cook

I did a lot of research before making this purchase. I have several plastic cutting boards for cutting meat, chicken, fish etc, but I wanted a heavy duty nice thick wooden butcher block to leave out on the counter for everyday use. I absolutely LOVE this block. It took about 2 1/2 bottles (pint size I think) of mineral oil to do the initial seasoning because of the end grain (buy it at a drug store) but worth the effort if it prevents it from splitting. The end grain totally hides knife marks well, so although I've only had it about a month or two, I use it everyday and it looks brand new. I did place a silpat mat underneath because in spite of it's hefty weight, it did slide a bit on my slick countertop.

()

2 comments:

Danielle said...

thats one beautiful slab!!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM! YUM!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com